Office: (646) 274-1400
Direct Line: (646) 706-2482
Fax: (212) 849-0962
Address: 535 Fifth Avenue, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10017
Mr. Boies has successfully represented individual and corporate clients in jury and bench trials all across the country relating to many widely reported commercial and white-collar crime cases in State and Federal Courts. Moreover, Mr. Boies has frequently been retained in matters relating to corporate and government investigations, arbitrations, regulatory and administrative enforcement proceedings.
More importantly, Mr. Boies has represented clients in cases related to violations of many bedrock provisions of civil rights laws, including, but not limited to, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which commit our Nation to, inter alia, racial equality. Mr. Boies believes that everyone is entitled to live, work, vote, and pursue their dreams in an environment free of any kinds of discrimination regardless of their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, economic status, or marital status. He has worked tirelessly to further that commitment.
Mr. Boies, a native of Haiti, speaks Haitian Creole and French. Away from the practice of law, he enjoys spending time with friends and volunteering in his community. He is currently the Chairman of the Business Advisory Board for Metropolitan College of New York’s School for Business.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE & PRACTICES
- Obtained major jury verdict on behalf of waitstaff against the defendants, several high-profile banquet venues and their owners, for non-payment of tips and gratuities to the waitstaff in violation of New York Labor Law;
- Successfully defended several defendants in breach of contract and fraud claims in Superior Court of New Jersey;
- Represented defendant in allegations of conspiracy to defraud the United States, conspiracy to commit wire fraud and wire fraud against the United States;
- Represented plaintiffs in federal trademark lawsuit alleging unfair competition, willful infringement and deceptive tactics under the Lanham Act;
- Represented plaintiffs in motion to quash subpoenas issued by New York State Office of the Medicaid Inspector General;
- Litigation (e.g. Police Brutality, Personal Injury, Legal and Medical Malpractices, Employment Law, Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property, Product Liability, Antitrust, and Civil Rights);
- Commercial/Business Transactions (e.g. Merger & Acquisition);
- Investigations (e.g. Department of Labor, FBI, Securities Frauds, etc.);
- Independent and government investigations, and regulatory enforcement matters;
- North Carolina Central University School of Law, J.D.
- North Carolina Central University School of Library Sciences, M.L.S.
- Metropolitan College of New York, B.S.
- All New York State Courts
- All New Jersey State Courts
- S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
LAWYER & PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- American Bar Association – Member
- New York City Bar Association – Member
- New York State Bar Association – Member
- The National Black Lawyers – Member
- Delta Mu Delta – Honorary Member